Friday, May 14, 2010

My Shriveled Cleveland Sports Heart (Again!)

How many times must Cleveland sports fans be kicked in the teeth.  As my bride indicated in her blog today , I am finally weaning myself of Cleveland sports.  You follow a team like the Cavs all year long thinking is this the year?  Then disappointment.  I am not swearing off sports on the tube entirely, just a fanatical interest in the local teams.  I really loved watching the Cavs the last couple of seasons and truly Lebron is a great player.  But there is something in the Cleveland water that makes these teams falter when it really counts.  Why play 82 games a year if all it means is you get home court advantage which the Cavs clearly didn't benefit from? 

I walked into Panera this morning and I said how are you doing to the store manager.  She said not so good in light of the Cavs.  I asked her if she considered closing the store in mourning.  She laughed. 

I think there are things I can do better with my wasted time watching my local sports teams.  Like ride a bike, read a book, watch a movie, socialize with friends, etc.  Life goes on.  I feel better already.

No comments: