Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Political Correctness

I am really tired of political correctness.  You see it every day where we constantly have to watch over our shoulders for what we say.  I stand the risk of irritating the few people who actually read my blog so I am even going to be politically correct now. 

One of the latest rounds of political correctness is Gordon Brown apparently called a woman who questioned him on immigration and he called her a bigot to someone privately and the microphones picked it up.  See below.



Give me a break!  You can't call someone a name in a private conversation?  He felt he needed to apologize for this?   When will it stop.  We see this all the time.  We are not robots.  It is part of being human.  I am not saying be insensitive intentionally, but I for one am tired of the stupid standards that someone else sets.  Does Gordon Brown really feel bad for what he said?  As much as I think he is a total goofball, I admire Joe Biden.  He says what is on his mind no matter how off the wall it is.  I would much rather have that than the double-speak that comes out of most of these politicians on both sides of the aisle. 

No comments: