Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Remembering 25 Years

Today marks the 25th anniversary of my marriage to Debbie Sue.  Her blog probably summarizes it a whole lot better than I possibly could.  I fall more in love with this woman every day.  She is so unique and special.  It could only be a God thing.  The human body atrophies and clearly you can look at our pictures and see that yes 25 years takes its toll (although I think we have preserved well and try to take care of ourselves).  However, relationships grow and deepen and ours clearly has.  You learn to appreciate so much about the other person and think less about their faults.  I think I would be so incomplete without her and she has been used by God to complete me.  Without her, I would have no appreciation for so many things.  Hanging out with her is a blast.  We have so much fun together.  Even though we have had many stresses, we have grown through them in our love for each other.  God is such a great God.  His way is for ourselves to be changed from the inside out so we can enjoy the covenant relationship we signed up for.  In so doing, God doubly blesses a marriage because He changes you for the better and deepens your marriage to honor Him.  Thank you Lord for Debbie and our marriage! 

No comments: